************ ANNOUNCEMENT ************
7th Congress of the International Society
for Theoretical Chemical Physics (ISTCP-VII)
September 2-8, 2011
Waseda University, Tokyo, Japan
The Seventh Congress of the International Society for Theoretical Chemical Physics (ISTCP-VII) will take place on September 2-8, 2011 at Waseda University, Tokyo, Japan.
The main theme of this Congress "theoretical chemical physics" has recently attracted considerable attention owing to the recent developments in theoretical methodologies and advances in computer technologies such as massive parallel computers. Theoretical chemical physics is an indispensable means to carry out scientific research. This Congress will cover not only theoretical methodologies in quantum chemistry, dynamics, and statistical mechanics but also the applications of theoretical chemical physics to material science, biochemistry, and biophysics. This Congress will offer an excellent opportunity to present cutting-edge research and exchange ideas.
Specific themes in ISTCP-VII are:
- Concepts and Fundamental Methods in Quantum Chemistry
- Frontiers in Wave Function Theory
- Frontiers in Density Functional Theory
- Computational Quantum Chemistry
- Concepts and Fundamental Methods in Molecular Simulations
- Frontiers in Molecular Simulations
- Computations of Molecular Structures, Properties, and Spectroscopies
- Computations of Chemical Reactions and Dynamics
- Computations of Structures, Properties, and Functions of Complex Systems
- Computational Biochemistry and Biophysics
- Computational Meso- and Nano-Science
You can find the list of all confirmed speakers in the web page.
The abstract submission deadline for the poster presentation in ISTCP-VII is approaching. The due date is June 30 in Japan Standard Time, 9 hours ahead of GMT. Abstracts submitted after July 1 will not be accepted. The standard registration page will also close on June 30.
Each registered participant is encouraged to submit his/her abstract(s) for poster presentation. Poster Prizes will be awarded to young scientists presenting outstanding works.
The abstract must be submitted in pdf file format. Before preparing the abstract sheet, please look at the "Abstract" page in the web-site where the abstract style is described. Word and TeX templates are also available on the page.
After preparing one-page pdf abstract, please submit abstracts through the "Abstract" page.
Important dates are:
- June 30, 2011: Standard registration closes
- June 30, 2011: Abstract submission for posters closes
- Sept. 2, 2011: Congress starts with the Congress Lecture by Prof. Y.T. Lee which will follow the Opening Ceremony from 16:00
- Sept. 8, 2011: Congress ends with the Closing Ceremony around 12:30
If you have any questions or comments on the Congress, please contact us at
After the ISTCP-VII Congress, the Sixteenth International Workshop on Quantum Systems in Chemistry and Physics (QSCP-XVI) organized by Prof. Kiyoshi Nishikawa will be held in Kanazawa, Japan, on September 11-17, 2011:
Overseas participants may conveniently participate in QSCP-XVI after the ISTCP-VII Congress.
We are looking forward to seeing you at Waseda and/or Kanazawa, Japan, in September 2011.
Hiromi Nakai, Chair of ISTCP-VII
Erkki J. Brandas, Co-chair of ISTCP-VII